my one and only tape

saipanda saipanda@...
Wed Jul 30 06:31:33 CEST 2008

Among all the many great contributions lately, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this
rare survivor from 1986. JP seems in a very good mood and plays several longstanding
favourite acts (although no Fall). Also managed to start one song at the wrong speed!

Following recent discussion on tracklistings, here's the lineup for this show:

Bhundu Boys: Shabhini
The Freeze: No One's Coming Home
14 Iced Bears: Balloon Song (session)
Sugar Minott: Seven Times Rise And Fall
Passmore Sisters: Goodbye Billy Wild (session)
Emanon: Fresh Beats
De Vincis: The Book
Undertones: Billy's Third (session version)
Throwing Muses: Vicky's Box
14 Iced Bears: Cut (session)
Taxman: Discriminator
Roy Orbison: Domino (from "Born Bad")
Passmore Sisters: Sally Why? (session)

(tape flip)

Screaming Jay Hawkins: I Put A Spell On You (from "Stranger than Paradise")
14 Ice Bears: Shy Like You (session)
A Witness: Smelt Like A Pedestrian
Vasa Da Skolas(??): Unknown Title (in Greek)
New Order: Bizarre Love Triangle
14 Iced Bears: Train Song (session)
Original Concept: Pump That Bass
Stump: Tupperware Stripper (wrong speed start)
Charlie Patten: Green River Blues
Passmore Sisters: Hit The Ground (session)
Marshmallow Overcoat: Groovy Little Trip
Age Of Chance: Kiss

Agree with Ken that it would be good to agree some kind of central database for
tracklistings, especially with all the material from the 400 tapes coming up. Maybe the
Wilki thing is the way to go, or at least some sort of other online thing--preferably one
where all you need to do the equivalent of filling in a form for the various fields.

Does anyone have the computer smarts and time to set this up?

Cheers,

Steve