Missing In Action: The Lost Peel?

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Wed Jul 23 18:40:30 CEST 2008

Fellow Peelites

All the recent excitement over the box of tapes prompted me to
reinvestigate my catalogue of Peel shows, and it staggers me to reflect
on how little of his output seems to be available. Like the rest of
you, I have been downloading all the files kindly put up by the members
here, and Dee Dee's epic torrents. Yet some years are conspicuous by
their absence.
Leaving aside the ubiquitous Festive Fities and the years 1971-4, which
Ken has already told us are not even present aside from a handful of
shows at the BBC, I have nothing from 1976 (barring the Punk Rock
Special), only 1 show from 1983, nothing from 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989,
one from 1993, one from 1995, and one from 2000...whereas 2001-4 are
extremely well represented by the Web.
Didn't people tape Peel in those years, or have I missed a flotilla of
ships? I'm looking forward to the tapes as a way of filling in some
gaps, but what about these 'lost' years?

Best wishes
Steve [Teenage Kicks]...now back in full effect