Cover version programs

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sun Jul 20 12:54:19 CEST 2008

Hello Alan,

Yes the sound card quality is important, but so is the cassette
player, cables, and capture format. Everything is a link in the
quality chain.

But let's get them digitised first, then we can revisit them later if
we have to.

Just give it a go with these tips.

1. Capture at the best rate your card allows to wav format. The
minimum should be 16 bit 44.1 khz.

2. Don't capture at too high a level. Or too low a level. Look at a
waveform from a CD track for comparison. Either Audacity or Windows
mixer alow you to change the record level.

It's exactly the same as when you did cassette recordings (too high =
distortion, too low = noise)

3. When you have your master recording, save to mp3 (or flac) for
distribution.

4. Feel a warm glow as you release your unique recordings to eager
fans

Bill

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Ford" <alan@...> wrote:

> I've got Audacity. I thought there might be something more
sophisticated.
> Is the quality of the sound card important? Mine came with the PC
>
> Alan

In