Cover version programs

Stefan Lingnau belphegore@...
Fri Jul 18 17:39:34 CEST 2008

Oh, I read this group very unfrequently the last years, if any.
The shows in itself would be better as any information ;)
Any chance for a lossless /flac copy?

Stefan

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Ford" <alan@...> wrote:

> I have 6 tapes of Cover Version Shows 7/7/91, 13/7/91, 14/7/91
(Parts 1 & 2 for each date) but no tracklistings.
> I last played them in 2005 and emailed the group at the time:
>
> "Listened to 7/7/91 today; some good stuff on it, inc (non-cover)
sessions by Tar and L7.
> It seems I missed the first installment of the cover version shows
on 6/7/91 (unless the tapes are in a different box somewhere)
> In those days John had 3-hour shows (11 - 2) on Sat and Sun nights,
still used his theme tune; and had to say goodbye to medium wave
listeners at midnight!
> And in the news was a story about S. Africa dismantling aparthied."
>

> "And then John says "I bet you're thinking the old fool's forgotten
the Fall", and plays 7 in a row, inc White Lightning, Ghost In My
House, Victoria, Day In The Life and some others which I hadn't even
realised were covers."