[peel] A Peel Repository / Permanent Archive

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Sun Jul 20 03:38:03 CEST 2008

BitTorrent tracker is a piece of piss.

I've set up a domain that should be fairly easy to remember:

http://www.jah-peel.no-ip.org:7070/

There a few and ifs and buts to this; this is running on my old
desktop PC and tends to be available most of the time, however:

* A login is required for upload (but not for download); e-mail me in
order to obtain a login.

* Lossless only. All torrents to include flac fingerprints and / or md5s.

* Do NOT disseminate information or .torrent files that are tied to
this tracker outside of this list. Spread the files, by all means, but
NOT the dot-torrent files or the URL. Doing so will draw unwanted
traffic and impact my ability to use the internet in the way to which
I am accustomed. It will also attract wankers that will try to upload
warez and mp3s. Repeat: DO NOT publicise the URL outside the list or
share dot-torrent file obtained from jah-peel.no-ip.org. OK? DO NOT.

If I find myself in a position of not being able to provide near
24-hour availability for the tracker I am entirely happy to offer
advice on setting up a tracker. For now, this should do.