[peel] Re: John Peel tapes on Ebay

RobF robfleay@...
Fri Jul 18 14:09:18 CEST 2008

> The last-minute snipe from Bidder7 (DeeDee?) appears to have failed,
> and the lot went for �529(!) in the end. If we have been beaten, that
> must be a very keen Peel fan indeed, or someone with, as you said,
> very deep pockets.

Astonishing! The winner is called Mike Hyde and is probably the same guy who posted a comment here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/inthearchive/johnpeel.shtml
saying "Did the BBC record John's shows? I could see that a digital channel playing solely John Peel shows would work - Pay per listen perhaps. (Old shows are available on P2P guys! Check out eMule! Post your own old recordings there and maybe we can start our own virtual archive!)"

So..on that basis I would recommend contacting him via his ebay account congratulate him on his win and explain that there is an army of people on this list who would dearly love to help him with project to digitise the tapes & share them on the web...got to be worth a try

Maybe Ken should be the one to contact him to give the offer some credence?