[peel] Re: John Peel tapes on Ebay

Riving Ton deedeeramain@...
Sat Jul 12 11:17:25 CEST 2008

Hi Ken!
I thinks that's best.
If I put a snipe in for around 500 quid then I would think that it is very unlikely anyone would best that.
If you put something up for auction on Ebay it's probably because you expect to make some money out of it so why would he want to sell them off early - I don't believe the laudable guff he's using to describe them - I think that is just to cover his a#@! .
A snipe is a bid at the very last minute. It  is useful because it prevents competetive bidding which can be impulsive and needlessly drives the price up. Never Ebay drunk either!
If a snipe works then nobody will see your bid until the auction is over and my real name isn't DeeDee anyhow!
Cheers....and fingers crossed!
DeeDee

----- Original Message ----
From: ken garner <ken_garner@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:07:32 AM
Subject: [peel] Re: John Peel tapes on Ebay

deedee.- seller is not responding to my messages. He may feel I am doing something
inappropriate , although I have not suggested anything like that, just that a bid from
someone representing us would ensure a good home for the tapes which respects his
aspirations. But I did not tell him you might be our bidder. I'd just go ahead and bid
anyway, and let's win em in normal ebay manner, ok?