1976

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Thu Jul 10 00:46:40 CEST 2008

Lee Scratch Perry's Super Ape and Bunny Wailer's Blackheart Man.
Bowie's Station To Station and Eno's Another Green World. Ivor
Cutler's Jammy Smears. Dr Feelgood's live Stupidity LP is great fun.
The Modern Lovers finally released their 1972 recordings in 1976. The
first Ramones LP of course. Stevie Wonder's Songs In The Key Of Life.
LPs by Joan Armatrading, Kate & Anna McGarrigle and Graham Parker.
And I still swear by the Sadista Sisters LP!

Just one word of advice: let not "I just finished a lengthy but
enjoyable cataloguing exercise of my entire collection of vinyl &
CD's" be your chat up line next time you're out on the pull.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:
Here's a weird one - I just finished a lengthy but enjoyable
cataloguing exercise of my entire collection of vinyl & CD's. It ends
up just under 1300 artefacts by about 500 different artists,
collected since I started buying music seriously in about 1986.

There isn't a single piece of music in my collection from 1976? It's
the only year unrepresented in between 1968 and 2008.

Am I missing anything good . . . ?