holy grails

saipanda saipanda@...
Tue Jul 8 06:03:41 CEST 2008

Hi John,

Your talk of FF78 and pre-76 shows is extremely tantalizing. If you have the time, it would
be brilliant if you could follow up FF79 by making these available too.

And of course any other vintage Peel shows you have lurking around in your treasure
trove...

On the FF front, not sure if your "pre-Festive Fifty" is actually the holiest of holy grails --
what is generally counted as the very first F50, broadcast in 1976 (ties in with ten years of
shows, from 1967).

Full listing here:
http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/festive50lists.htm#1976

The Christmas 1977 special is also counted as a F50, although it actually thought that it
was JP playing his own favorites, rather than the results of a reader poll, reflecting more
closely the big changes in the musical landscape and the makeup of the show.

Like FF78, the above shows are complete legends in these parts and have never been
available digitally as far as I know.

Yours in hope,

Steve W