[peel] Re: Holy Grail

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Sun Jul 6 17:11:48 CEST 2008

Reads like the playlist from a punk compilation I picked up in a bargain bin
a while back  called ŒThe Best Punk Album Ever!¹ or some such (strictly for
listening to in the car, you understand ;-). Also surprising (or not) is how
many of these tracks appear in the All Time Festive Fifty, 20 years later.
 As for the Continentals doing hospitality better than us Brits, I Œm afraid
I have to agree. Years ago I went to a summer course in France where the
Mairee not only laid on the use of the Camping Municipale for free for all
the etrangers, but also held a civic reception for us, where he proceeded to
ply myself and a mate with his best vintage champers from his private
cellar, then arranged for a taxi to pick us up the next day and take us to
his house for a slap-up meal. I mentioned this to the organisers of a
comparable course that I had attended for years here in the UK, where they
only concession to foreigners was a paltry tenner off the price of the
course, and it didn¹t go down too well at all...
 Big thanks for this one,
Cheers
Roger