Common Peel show shared file date errors

ken garner ken_garner@...
Wed Jan 9 20:57:17 CET 2008

ok, that's a definite then. I'm just inking in a "#2" on that show
date after Trumanswater on my master marked-up copy. Thanks for
checking. Only two possible explanations: someone on the show
inserted the repeat date on the wrong session sheet file in R1
computer; or did that correctly according to the planned schedule,
but then dug out and gave to Peel the wrong, older tapes to play (I
know this happened several times). I know Walters would say "does it
matter?" and he would be right. But I hate mistakes. Why then did I
take on this job? Nutter!

cheers

ken

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "dissolvedpaul" <Dissolvedpaul@...>
wrote:

> Hi Ken, thanks so much for your reply. I can definitely confirm
after
> listening to the file 23091994 again that it's the second Trumans
> water session being repeated as the track "girler too" is played.He
> also clearly identifies the trumans session track "death to dead
> things" after playing the last track from the Luke slater session
> "Soup". It's an incomplete file but there is certainly a great chunk
> of the show there with no edits. Directly after "Girler too" John
> plays a track by Spacetime continuum called 'Drift' from an album on
> Sauce records called "Fluorescence". After that, he reads out a
letter
> from the band "I'm being good" and mentions that they have a
> forthcoming session on the program too (which was on the 21/10/1994
> according to your most wonderful book.) which would tie up nicely
this
> show date nicely. I was rather confused with this initially myself
> when trying to put a date on this "unknown" file because you would
> have thought they would have simply repeated the 3rd trumans water
> session from 94 earlier in that year and not the 93 session. John
> clearly states before "death to dead things" that Dreadzone and
smudge
> are in session the next day too which would be the 24/09/94. This
made
> me 100% sure of my dating.  Anyway, I hope that's helpful. Regards,
> Paul.
>
> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Paul, I don't think I have those audio files myself, but
what
> > you say all stacks up and sound plausible: in my experience doing
the
> > book and the one before, entire shows and sessions sometimes swap
> > years out there. Just one query, and I want to check this because
it
> > might be a mistake in the book, you say the Trumanswater repeat
on
> > Friday 23/9/94 with Luke Slater is of their second session, first
TX
> > on 5/11/93. But both Jon Small's peelsessions.co.uk original site
and
> > I (from session sheets) had this show as repeating their third
and
> > last session, the one 1st TX on 17/6/94. But we could be wrong.
Are
> > the track titles on the audio file identifiable? Thanks - kg
> >
> > PS. Company 2: 1st TX date in IST given correctly as 20/9/89.
Date
> > also correct in shows index in new book. Was also correct in old
data
> > file as retrieved from floppies. Why then, as I have only just
> > noticed, is it in incorrectly as 20/9/90 in the new
Sessionography?
> > Argh! Apologies.
> >
> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "dissolvedpaul" <Dissolvedpaul@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi. I've recently rectified some glaring error's in quite a few
peel
> > > Radio 1 peel show dates that have been shared for ages now, and
are
> > > still included in the torrent packs (most notably pack 8) and
on
> > many
> > > peel sites so it looks like no one has pointed out these dates
are
> > > wrong yet.
> > >
> > > There are so few shows shared from these early 90's dates
anyway,it
> > > wasn't hard to quickly fix them. Ok, here goes.
> > >
> > > I shall list what the files are currently named as and then
what
> > they
> > > actually should be dated as. I'm sure all of you will most
likely
> > have
> > > these files so you should be able to recognise them in your
folders
> > > immediately.
> > >
> > > The file named JP Feb 89 running at 46.55 secs is actually from
> > > 11071990 with happy flowers in session.
> > >
> > > The file under John Peel 1991 Extracts running at 35.10 secs is
from
> > > 1992 over two nights, 04 and 05 January 92 with leatherface and
Hole
> > > in session.
> > >
> > > The file under John Peel 1992 Extracts running at 47.29 secs is
from
> > > 190393 with New fast automatic daffodils in session.
> > >
> > > The file under John Peel 1991-03-22 running at 51.57 secs is
> > actually
> > > from 1996. 032296
> > >
> > > There are 2 very commonly shared files under "unknown" and they
are
> > > Mid 90's Part 2 128k and John Peel Part 2 Unknown mid 90's.
Both are