Common Peel show shared file date errors

dissolvedpaul Dissolvedpaul@...
Wed Jan 9 20:39:33 CET 2008

Hi Ken, thanks so much for your reply. I can definitely confirm after
listening to the file 23091994 again that it's the second Trumans
water session being repeated as the track "girler too" is played.He
also clearly identifies the trumans session track "death to dead
things" after playing the last track from the Luke slater session
"Soup". It's an incomplete file but there is certainly a great chunk
of the show there with no edits. Directly after "Girler too" John
plays a track by Spacetime continuum called 'Drift' from an album on
Sauce records called "Fluorescence". After that, he reads out a letter
from the band "I'm being good" and mentions that they have a
forthcoming session on the program too (which was on the 21/10/1994
according to your most wonderful book.) which would tie up nicely this
show date nicely. I was rather confused with this initially myself
when trying to put a date on this "unknown" file because you would
have thought they would have simply repeated the 3rd trumans water
session from 94 earlier in that year and not the 93 session. John
clearly states before "death to dead things" that Dreadzone and smudge
are in session the next day too which would be the 24/09/94. This made
me 100% sure of my dating.  Anyway, I hope that's helpful. Regards,
Paul.