John Peel Quote – BBC – Dec 31, 1967

Richard Shaw-Brown rsbj66@...
Wed Jan 9 01:41:07 CET 2008

John Peel Quote – BBC – New Years Eve Dec 31, 1967 On-Air

"
The group (The Misunderstood) were very close to me, I mean, some of them actually lived
with me in California, and I sent them over here (London), and lead singer, Rick Brown, who
wrote the song, he was eventually engulfed by the shadow (Vietnam war draft) and the whole
group broke up. It was very sad, indeed. Anyway, this was recorded about a year ago, and I
still think it sounds great, it's one of the greatest records of all time, actually! The
Misunderstood and I Can Take You To The Sun
"

http://www.themisunderstood.com/music/ICanTakeU2theSun.mp3