New Peel shows

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Tue Jan 8 22:35:19 CET 2008

In my search for Knit 1 Pearl 1 (the wrong or the right one?)  I started
looking into the VPRO site
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/programmas/afleveringen/29799441 to see if they
have any John Peel clips.  Among the 113 references to Peel, I found two
hour long tributes to Peel by Dave Clark (the DJ not the band although
given Peel longevity it could have been either)

3VOOR12WHITENOISE 2006 28 okt 2006 uur 1
<http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/ondemand/31002941>

It starts with the tribute, features various Peel related items, and
finishes three tracks from a Peel show on VPRO in 1985 where he plays
and introduces (the latter being from "his favourite album ever")

 1)The Knights of the Turntables "Fresh Mess Jam on your Radio" (JDC)
 2) Texas Instruments "Before we came to this religion"
 3) Lonnie Mac "Baby What's Wrong"

It was kind of strange for me as I used to listen to the VPRO shows when
I lived in Holland, and apart from a couple of C90s thought they had
gone for ever.

There is another whole John Peel show on
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/programmas/afleveringen/19016875 from 29 January
1986 but I have a feeling this maybe already on one of the servers.

Tot ziens

John