JP plays TD

ajking106 ajking106@...
Sun Feb 24 12:42:17 CET 2008

Hi first post here

Here's a long shot, but has anybody got a recording of John Peel
playing TD in the early 70's? Perhaps a more complete version of
this:

cheers

andy

BBC Radio One, Top Gear, Feb 21st, 1974

John Peel: "The interesting thing about Tangerine Dream is that in
the 6 or 7 years that Top Gear's been on Radio One we've featured a
lot of remarkable sessions from people like Cream and Jimi Hendrix
and the first ever sessions from people like Led Zeppelin, and Jethro
Tull and Ten Years After, and T-Rex of course, and a great number of
people who've gone to be become rich and famous and gone on to forget
us (laughs*) but during all those 6 or 7 years I've never had as much
mail about and favourable mail at that, about anybody as I have had
about Tangerine Dream and that must mean something even if you don't
like them and the first one from the band is, and don't ask me what
it means as I have no idea, is called Mysterious Semblance at the
Strand of Nightmares"

Plays Track

"Well, people are always writing in to me to tell me I'm opinionated
sort of dude and I suppose that's actually probably true, it would be
difficult to do programmes like this if I wasn't and I know I'm
right about Tangerine Dream despite what people occasionally say to
me, I do think they're excellent and their music I think is
marvellous. That was the first from Tangerine Dream, written by Edgar
Froese and it was called Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of
Nightmares the kind of title which I must confess I don't know
"