[peel] Re: Why do I do the things that I do? When they only get me done!

Graeme Anderson anderson@...
Mon Feb 11 12:40:59 CET 2008

Is this the Bennet who sang about Mother’s Gone To Iceland. I guess after
the name change, she’d need to get away somewhere.

I’m sure I’ve got a Nectarine #9 session somewhere in a box back in
Scotland, but won’t be at home for some time...so if you have no luck, let
me know.

Graeme

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Driscoll
Sent: 11 February 2008 03:59
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Why do I do the things that I do? When they only get
me done!

Hello Andrew...

You are more than welcome

I stopped listening to PEEL for a decade from around the end of 1989

Not that I had any issue with his show, its just I moved to an area where I
couldn't pick up night time radio one!!

But quickly looking through the PEEL session archive wouldn't mind listening
to any sessions from NECTARINE No9, MOONFLOWERS, LAIKA, MOONSHAKE, CREDIT TO
A NATION, HEAVENLY or BENNET .... The later, whose bassist I used to play in
a band with in the mid 80's.

The hardest thing that Andy Bennett had to tell his mother, was when they
changed their name to BENNET it was spelt BENNET because the label thought
it looked better...

The pop world can be so cruel....

Dave

END OF MESSAGE