Equipment

llrc057 lists@...
Mon Feb 4 21:43:56 CET 2008

You don't need anything like the equipment I've got here Jimmy if you
just want to get good tape to pc transfers. Any decent cassette desk
(assuming your tape is cassette of course) should do. It's surprising
how good an old tape can sound on a crummy cassette deck after you've
cleaned the heads & played around with the azimuth head alignment
screw. A decent sound card capable of recording at 24 bit depth and
96 KHz resolution is a must. Say an audiophile 2496, their cheap now.
I use sound forge to record & mess with most of my audio. This will
run on just about any spec pc these days. Just remember if recording
at 2496 you will need 1.5G of hard drive space per side of a C90. So
big drive comes in handy. That should do you really.
Since you asked my front end recording hardware consists of a
Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, and an E-MU 1616m analogue to digital
convertor. After this it goes downhill a bit. The pc I use is about 4
years old not fast but with plenty of hard drive space, and the
software as memtioned above is Sound Forge 9.

Oh and you'll need time. Lots and Lots of time.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Gary