[peel] Festive Fifty 2007

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sun Feb 3 05:12:27 CET 2008

> <<I've just seen the 2007 Festive Fifty at dandelionradio.I've
>
> Am I alone in thinking that John Peel wouldn't have touched the Arcade
> Fire with a sterilised barge pole?>>

On the other hand Peel would probably have loved the records by The Fall; Von
Sudenfed; Paul Rooney; Trouserdog; Battles; Bearsuit; Beatnik Filmstars etc
etc

There were often records that Peel hadn't played in the Festive 50 eg Sisters
Of Mercy - but like Peel, we decided that if that's what the listeners voted
for then they should be included.

re Melt-Banana - they are one of the best live bands I've seen - they
re-create the incredible sound of their recordings extremely well live, and each song
ends with a very polite "thank you" by the singer.

Cheers!

Rocker