[peel] Re: ULTIMATE Festive 50 resource

Riving Ton deedeeramain@...
Fri Feb 1 14:15:07 CET 2008

Hello Entrailicus!

Great idea! I was also thinking that we needed a list of Peel sources.
On the Wiki page, I would like to see a list (or a searchable table) of all John's shows out there, from when he started broadcasting to his untimely death.
I would suggest subsetting the different shows with broadcast date and AKA's (because we are naming the same shows with different conventions and in different formats.
How do we start inputting data to the Wiki? I had a quick perusal of the site and it appears to be article based. Perhaps you could input some lists of shows and then we could follow your example?
I initiated the 17 DVD torrents and found a very useful piece of freeware for listing the file / folder contents of a directory - Karen's Directory Printer (http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp). Simply output the results to a text file and then you can cut and paste the nimes of all your files easily.
If I attach the contents list of these 17 DVDs, perhaps you could create a wiki entry for the year 2001 (DVD 10)?

Thanks!

DeeDee
----- Original Message ----
From: vinpinman <vinpinman@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:02:53 PM
Subject: [peel] Re: ULTIMATE Festive 50 resource

Thanks for the comments so far. This could basically go in any
direction we wish to take it. It'll be a lot of work unless a lot of
people chip in. I've made a start with what could be a farily
reasonable format to follow, but of course it's not set in stone.
Actually, I'd be quite happy for there to be no set style to the
entries, just reflecting the way that any individual might wish to
represent the info.

Ken, I can't get your book in Istanbul which remains a constant
pisser. If I order it from Amazon, someone might nick it as I live in
an apartment block.

Using the wiki is unbelievably simple, so I hope a lot of you do
contribute.

Format could be

details of the show
tracklist