[peel] there's a difference

Robert Ward r0bertward@...
Fri Feb 1 03:08:59 CET 2008

"there's a difference, there's a difference, there's a difference" - a quote from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion

  the point I'm making is [coming up] with regard to the audio being passed willy and to some degree nilly around on the infernet 'containing' peelastic content

  I was wondering [in that bottle of shiraz way that i sometimes do] whether anyone else in this group feels that a distinction needs to be drawn between audio which skillfully edits out anything peel might think to say before or after a well-chosen piece of music [or draws from a non-broadcast source] or if i am alone in feeling that i would quite like to hear peel's intro and outro on a festive fifty track or session track, and that, otherwise, i'm not much bothered - for instance:

  I'm a big fan of ween, and I recently downloaded their second session (I had their first one twice on my contemporary TDK compilations (incidentally he broadcast it the second time in a block), but i must have been abroad for their 2nd) and this session was all nice and super, but it wasn't the same [as it had been shorn of any distracting comment from the raven, you must understand]

  that's all really - i'm not seeking to evangelise about naming conventions or anything else, but i wondered if others had been similarly wounded by acts of careful omission

  perhaps this distinction is already drawn in ways of which I am ignorant, therefore accept my apologies, but the wound has been festering for a while and I may be more subject to it's ague than shiraz has medicine to soothe

  lots of love
  Tim

  [full shows are the answer you seek]