Slightly belated festive offering

Ed Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Mon Dec 29 19:43:38 CET 2008

Here's a snippet of Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone from last week: a
version of Good King Wenceslas recorded by a choir of various Top Gear
stalwarts in 1970, including Soft Machine, Sonja Kristina (Curved Air)
and Marc Bolan.

http://tinyurl.com/7aqmbk
(112K MP3, 4.7Bm, 5:50)

Maconie's guest, "Prof. Spear", goes on to explain that this rendition
originally appeared in the Christmas Top Gear of 27-12-69. However
that's clearly incorrect as that particular show's available in full
on Kat's Karavan, and this song is not in it.

Top Gear, 27-12-69:
http://tinyurl.com/89jnt8

Thanks to Colin Ellis, who caught the show, for letting me know in
time to capture it from iPlayer (which I did with Radio Downloader &
mp3DirectCut).

Eddie.