Peel-1991-06-15-Billy-Bragg-and-First-Offence

spib2003 bill.spiby@...
Tue Dec 23 20:41:23 CET 2008

The First Offence track 'Drugs' almost never made it to broadcast.
Producer Mike Robinson and others present were less than convinced of
its status as an anti-drugs tune and permission to plunder the My Way
tune hung in the air for a while, with clearance negotiations going
on throughout the day of the recording session. Even when it was
repeated by Rob Da Bank it was felt prudent to warn sensitive
listeners in advance.