[peel] Cowcube at Christmas

Thomas Blatchford tabdrinkink74@...
Mon Dec 22 14:00:09 CET 2008

Hi Roger,

i do agree in cases of small independent artsists and would not do this if this was still available, but i get the impression this album just simply isn't on sale anymore. i bought the album off of him in 2002 via an email adress that John provided on the show (and also his superlative EP in 2003) but since then attempts to get hold of Cowcube have proved futile. i tried to get hold of him for an interview for my fanzine many moons ago with the email address on the cd but to no avail. His myspace page seems to just be a picture of, cleverly, a cow cube http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83517557 and otherwise there seems very little chance of buying the album from him nowadays. If anyone can prove me wrong i'll remove the files straight away.

i guess if you want to get money to the guy your best bet is to try and get the remix he did for Cornershop, to date his only commercially available work, but it doesn't appear to be available on iTunes (although for some reason the Osymyso version is...i've got both those EPs somewhere, i don't know why they've only put one of them up) and the only place i've found so far to buy it is places like this https://secure.legalsounds.com/download-mp3/cornershop/lessons-learned-from-rocky/lessons-learned-from-rocky-1-3(cowcube-mix)/song_103194

Again, if there's an outlet to still buy the album, i'll remove the files post haste. Or if we can send him some Christmas cheer perhaps we should.

Thanks to Steve and Mark as well, glad you liked it!

Merry Chrimble,
thomas

________________________________
From: Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 22 December, 2008 11:42:58
Subject: Re: [peel] Cowcube at Christmas

My thanks too, though I must admit, I feel a little guilty at this one. Wasn’t/isn’t Cowcube one of those small independent artists who needs out support ? I remember Peel describing him as ‘furtive’, which I think may have been my inspiration when I named Thefurtivefifty. Iirc, you could only get his albums by contacting him directly, in which case, perhaps we should all chip in and send him a Christmas bonus...?
Cheers
Roger