Rechenzentrum

patrick smith postscriptxyz@...
Sun Dec 21 07:07:23 CET 2008

Thanks to Martin's Off Air Recording (OAR) of the Rechenzentrum session, I've now matched the four tracks to the CD Release.

Rechenzentrum - The John Peel Session (Kitty-Yo KY01047CD)

1. Vlotho Exter
2. Radian (OAR Track 1)
3. Ahab (OAR Track 2)
4. Treptow (OAR Track 3)
5. Norden (OAR Track 4)
6. Solaris
7. Vom Boot Zum Haus
8. Vertikal
9. IBM
10. Parabolid

OAR Track 4 would seem to be truncated at 2:12 as the CD track is 3:40.

I'm still unable to put session titles to the tracks as the broadcast sequence is unknown (unless Martin can confirm that is the sequence on the recording). I guess we still need a show tape for that.

The CD still appears to be commercially available, so I don't think I should share the digital versions.  For those interested, details of the release can be found here.

Cheers,

Pad

________________________________

The Rechenzentrum CD release is indeed a puzzler: The session as broadcast was actually
only the first four of the titles I list in the book, as confirmed by Lorcan's
contemporaneous running order (here:
http://www.avistic. demon.co. uk/playlists/ 2001/03.txt )
but I decided to list the other 3 tracks in the radio 1 digital archive catalogue just in case.
My suspicion is one of two realities apply: either (i) these were titles of works in progress
and on later reflection the band teased them out into longer defined tracks with entirely
new titles, or (ii) the CD is of something else altogether I have missed or they submitted
but was not broadcast. A third lesser possibility is that the tracks on the CD are indeed
the Peel Session, and the titles entered in the running order at the time were for whatever
reason wrong (made up, guessed, whatever). We found no session sheet data for this one
because it was recorded in 'own studio'. The only way this is going to get resolved is if a
complete off air show tape of 18 Jan 01 emerges (anyone? anyone?), and then you Patrick
can do some compare and contrast work for us!