Peel Sessions ?

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Wed Dec 17 16:56:44 CET 2008

I have that cassette from VOX called

Radio Daze - The John Peel Sessions

(GIVIT 3 Catalogue no, on Strange Fruit label)

It is from the May 1992 issue, if that helps.

Unless there was another with Chicken Shack on?

Other VOX tapes I have are

VOX Elite Class of 92  GIVIT 6 March 93 issue
Radio On (BBC R1 25th Birthday) GIVIT 4 Oct 92 issue
Live & Unreleased (Mark Goodier sessions) GIVIT 1 Dec 91 Issue
Radio 1 FM Sessions Vol 3 GIVIT 13 Unknown Month 1995
VOX BOX GIVIT 2 March 1992

Bill

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, patrick smith <postscriptxyz@...> wrote:

> Fellow Peelers,
>
> I've come across two apparent Peel Sessions that are not referenced
in Ken's book, and I'm hoping one of you lot may be able to shed some
light on them.

> Firstly, I have a CD by Rechenzentrum called "The John Peel
Session" on Kitty-Yo Records and labeled "For Promotion only".  It
contains ten tracks, the titles of which contain no resemblance to
the seven tracks on the "official" session recorded on 1 August 2000
(transmitted on 18 January 2001).

> Secondly, I have a track by Chicken Shack "I'd Rather Go Blind"
from a "Peel Sessions" cassette given away with Vox Magazine
(sometime in the eighties I think).  I believe this track was also
included on the CD given away with Ken's "In Session Tonight", but
not referenced in "The Peel Sessions".