[peel] Re: 'The DK Box': 53 Shows from 2000

David King davidnpaula@...
Sat Dec 13 11:21:11 CET 2008

Thanks, Eddie.

All these shows were recorded straight to hard disk and saved originally as wavs because - with my software then - this was the handiest and safest way to trim them.  Simply to hold on to them in best and accessible form (at the time), I encoded these wavs to MP3s at 320kbps, fearing that I'd lose quality at any lower bitrate.  Good point, though.

David.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Duffy
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:16 AM
  Subject: [peel] Re: 'The DK Box': 53 Shows from 2000

  Wow, thanks very much for these, David and Gary! 2000 is a thin year
  in my collection so this bumper crop is most welcome.

  One question though: all the shows, whether recorded from FM and DAB,
  appear to be encoded at 320Kbps. I thought Radio 1 was only even
  broadcast at 192 on DAB...?

  Eddie.

  P.S. Blimey, Peel played "Who Let The Dogs Out?" on 15-08-2000.
  Apparently, JP thought it was "pretty darned good, but there were
  dissident voices in the house saying it was terrible".

  P.P.S. My first reply to this, by mail, got lost - the second time
  that's happened this week. So hopefully replying on the group page in
  the browser will work.

  --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "David King" <davidnpaula@...> wrote:

  > Hi Gary,
  >
  > Just got home to find you've been able to post all and everything I
  sent you. Thanks so much for doing the donkey work.

  > Again - at some point I'll put together those 7 Peel trailers I have
  from Alan Freeman's show around 77-78.