Pulp At Peel Acres 30/9/95

alanforduk alan@...
Wed Dec 10 01:23:38 CET 2008

I have in my hand a piece of paper which reads:

"Radio 1 on Saturday afternoon had Pulp at Peel Acres, a delicious
interview by John Peel. He had invited two members of the band Pulp to
tea in order, he said, to increase his credibility with his children.
It was so funny and such a genuinely interesting conversation, I even
listened to the music"

I am listening to the tape which contained this newspaper clipping, and
it's evident that, for reasons beyond my recall, it was recorded via
microphone ! The quality ranges from poor to bloody awful.

Does anyone else have this show, or know it it's already available for
download?

I've heard a lot of the interview repeated on a different show
recently, but I can't remember which. Jarvis describes recording their
first Peel session, and fashioning a drum machine from an old
calculator and some sticky-backed plastic or something, much to the
disdain of a BBC engineer who used to be in Mott The Hoople. Anyone
know where I've heard this before??

Cheers
Alan