Peel 400 box - 6 NEW SHOWS FROM 1980

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Dec 6 19:39:10 CET 2008

I've just finished listening to the 80-03-10 show and its one
of the best I've heard for many moons !

I think 1980 was possibly the best year ever for "new-wave"/indie
and even pop. From then on, new-wave morphed into new-romanticism
or sat on its laurels (with some exceptions of course)...

Sound quality is very good, the sound issues Bill mentions are
not that bad - Peel's voice gets a bit distorted for a while.

Interesting hearing Peely's story about him being given a crate of
booze at one of his "gigs" and getting drunk !
I've always thought of JP as a non-drunk, non-high, very self-
controlled type of person.........

Great Slits song at the end of the show (108m) - I thought it
sounded a bit like Bjork/Birthday Party.

Weird (and great) to hear "Rock & Roll" by the Undertones - I
bet they don't do that one nowadays (Mr Glitter).

Thanks again Bill & other converters !

Finis

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "billfromnorthwales"