John Peel Fall dedication

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Wed Dec 3 01:29:38 CET 2008

Phil,

After spending days of fruitless searching the house for your
playlists I finally went back to my email records from 2000/2001. I
found the email where you'd offered to send me the listings. And then
I found a later email where you decided not to send them after all,
but to put them on your own website.

D'oh! That would explain why I couldn't find them.

Anyway, the 1994 playlists are coming along nicely. There's a lot of
cross-checking to do though, because I have copies of the PasBs which
are very legible but not always accurate (because Peel had a habit of
dropping records on the night to play something new he's just found),
and also hand-written playlists from another source which are very
hard to read but are an accurate record of what was really played.
And the worst bits are the gaps where there are no PasBs so I have
only the handwriting to go on, although ironically I can now cross-
check some of them against the digitised tapes downloaded from here.
It's all coming together!

Lorcan

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "lorcan58" <lorcan58@...> wrote:

> Erm.....
>
> I have several sets of playlists submitted by various people, but
on
> first inspection yours aren't among them.
>
> As a consummate hoarder I never throw anything away, so although
I've
> moved house (and country) more than once since then I'm confident I
> still have them, although I suspect it's going to take a
considerable
> time to locate them.
>
> So the short answer is no, I wasn't referring to your playlists,
but
> now that you've reminded me I'm going to hunt them down...
>
> Lorcan
>
> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Edwards" <festive50@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Lorcan
> > It's been a while.
> > If you look in the files section, you'll find a recently uploaded
> database,
> > which was started up from your web site.
> > I see you've added 5 more files for 1994. I'll have to convert
> these and add
> > to the database.
> > The paper records you refer to, are they the 200 odd sheets of
track
> > listings from 1990-93 I sent to you in Belfast.
> > I never got round to finish off adding these to my database.
> > Regards
> > Phil

Behalf