[peel] suggestion

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sat Aug 30 14:53:23 CEST 2008

> <<Are there any plans to put some of these old JP recordings on the
> Dandelion Radio monthly loop? If not might i suggest you do.
>  I say this because one thing that seems to work with some kind of
> reliability is the Dandelion Radio stream>>

Nice idea - but...

Dandelion Radio is not a pirate - we are licenced with PRS and MCPS - and pay
a lot of royalties every month for the privelege! (We are entirely funded by
contributions from our DJs and staff) - There is no way we could jeopardise
our position by playing old BBC broadcasts which would be seen as illegal copies
by the BBC or the many publishing companies with interests in the material -
in fact even Peelie's estate may have an interest.

This is also why we cannot set up a website to distribute the shows - whoever
could be shown to have set up the site would be legally responsible for its
content - so the various upload / download services are our best option at
least in the short term - they at least give some anonymity to the uploaders.

btw I have had no probs downloading 90 percent of the recent files - one
thing you probably need is the most recent versions of your system software, your
browser, and its various plugins. (I use a Mac, btw). Has anyone else been
having problems?

Our best bet for distributing the shows long-term may be some sort of server
like the one run by PhilFestive50, which is currently offline - access can
then be controlled by password login etc.

Cheesr!

Rocker