John Peel - It makes me laugh 16 May 1981 - Download

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Aug 29 23:49:03 CEST 2008

Here is a BBC Radio 4 programme from, 16-5-81 which was part of a
series.

This week it's music loving Johnny Plee, who tells us what makes him
laugh.

This was recorded on Saturday 16th May 1981 at 11:15 AM. I let the tape
roll before and after, so you can time warp if you want.
I cut out the religeous sermon programme before, though

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KG73Z8A7

No belly laughs by a long way, and listening to the first half made me
realise the gulf betwewen the public school JP went to, and the
Secondary Modern I fell out of.

We were not in the same universe of humour influences, let alone the
same planet.

Pan can get his coat and leave, before he gets a smack in the face.

However, it picks up when Viv and Monty come along.

You know, you never know what you are going to get, and you don't
always get what you want, but what you do get is always surprising.

Well, if he can say that about Mark E Smith, I can say it about Peel.

Esoteric, or I'm a Greek.

(now who did he say that about?)

Bill