Ken's Peel Sessions Book

rushomancy rushomancy@...
Fri Aug 22 15:47:24 CEST 2008

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Tim Brooks <tb666xx@...> wrote:

> anyone know who has this in the states??? been waiting for it to
turn up here to no avail...can I order direct from you ken??? let me
know... Timxx
> ps.thanks to all the tape rippers... just finished the oct 31st 79
show.... fantastic stuff..

I got my copy from Amazon; was there within a couple of days.

By the way is there an online archive of errata to the book?  I've
come across a couple minor, nit-picky errors, mostly about the prog-
rock groups (and I can understand how most Peel listeners are not
exactly devoted to minutae about Van Der Graaf Generator :) ) but I
don't want to repeat stuff Ken's probably heard ten thousand times
already.

Also, I know as far as complete shows there's virtually nothing in
the archives, but in terms of sessions, what Peel Sessions are not
currently known to exist in any form, either in the archives or as
off-air recordings?  Specifically, when did it become regular
practice to preserve Peel Sessions by bands?  Out of all the early
sessions, I know of only a couple that nobody seems to have heard-
Tim Buckley's second session, for instance, and a couple by Gentle
Giant.  That's not to say they don't exist- Egg's first session,
which I at least had believed totally lost, showed up from a fan tape
the second the band asked for a copy and is now officially released
on a recent archive CD.