[peel] Re: RE:First-ever Night Ride 1968-03-06

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Fri Aug 15 09:57:55 CEST 2008

>P.S. As was pointed out, what we're doing is strictly illegal. So
>let's stop doing it. Will that ease our consciences? No, I thought
>not. See Ken's book, p. 181: I quote, in part, 'Who could, or would,
>indict a whole wide world of bloggers?'.
>
>Best wishes
>Steve [Teenage Kicks]

Quite right but there is a distinction between doing something
and walking about with a large notice saying 'Please sue me'
Its not the BBC - they only have the broadcasting rights and
the Internet rights for 7 days after broadcast
The rights to the music is with the record companies who
are run by accountants.   A certain amount of reticence and
common sense is neccesary

Pirates complaining about being pirated are not likely to be
greeted with much sympathy!   I've done my share of putting
up sessions but I've always been aware of the E-Bay situation
and have been careful not to put up too many by one artist
Requests for all sessions by Misty In Roots have been avoided!

martinw