First-ever Night Ride 1968-03-06

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Fri Aug 15 06:43:50 CEST 2008

Fellow Peelites

I have to be honest, as soon as I downloaded this, I encoded it to 320
kbps mp3. I have nothing to play FLAC files with, I burn my entire
Peel collection to DVD, so it really makes no difference to me if it's
FLAC or not, and, with all due respect to Eddie's initiative, I do not
see how FLAC is any better for a 40 year old mono recording. Shoot me
down in flames if you must, but do it in a friendly way, please. There
are those on here who tend to be stuffy and a bit patronising in their
Nevertheless, fulsome thanks to Eddie for a great job.
P.S. As was pointed out, what we're doing is strictly illegal. So
let's stop doing it. Will that ease our consciences? No, I thought
not. See Ken's book, p. 181: I quote, in part, 'Who could, or would,
indict a whole wide world of bloggers?'.

Best wishes
Steve [Teenage Kicks]

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Guy Brown <guyanthonybrown@...> wrote:

> >>Thanks to Colin and Guy for the source materials.
> Not sure why you're thanking me - I don't think this had anything to
do with me!
> In fact I remain very much in your debt for numerous shows, etc over
the years. Including this one in FLAC! - are we reaching the
conclusion that FLAC is the best way forward always?