[peel] 1978 F50 shows

Alan Ford alan@...
Fri Aug 15 01:14:50 CEST 2008

Bill,
If memory serves me right, you kindly supplied parts 1 and 2 of the 1978 Festive 50 recently.
I was wonderin' if I missed the remaining parts, or whether you haven't got around to them yet. Or what?

Thanks

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: billfromnorthwales
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:25 PM
  Subject: [peel] 31 October 1978 show

  I am busy digitising my first lot of tapes, and I will post onto
  Megaupload complete shows as mp3 on an ad hoc basis

  Rocker will get the tapes back with disks of flac and mp3 files for
  official distribution (as flac DVD's and mp3 DVD'd using bittorrent?)

  Anyway show seems to have been from AM broadcast and the signal fades
  in and out a bit.

  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MX9BGY1G

  Repeat seesions from Wah!(1978) and The Damned (1976)

  (cryptic) Highlights are change of frequency balloon competition and
  the 1979 radio 1 calender advert, and radio 1 football match preview,
  and the definitive statement on the next Damned/Doomed session

  And the Residents track made me stop what I was doing.

  I don't know what it is, but things I had previously dismissed get a
  new life sometimes when you listen to them in the middle of a Peel
  show

  Tapes is speed corrected, but lo fi.

  It actually brought back memories of listining to late night AM
  broadcasts on my first transistor radio somehow.

  Bill