[peel] Re: Tape 1

RobF robfleay@...
Thu Aug 14 15:48:02 CEST 2008

With the 16-4-79 (part) show I just digitised, I was lucky as it starts with Teenage Kicks so I had an excellent reference point for speed correction (increased 50 cents in SoundForge Pitchshift).

The batch of tapes I have is a mix of branded C90's, C120's and factory-pressed promo cassettes that have been taped over. The 16-4-79 tape as mentioned was taped over "Solid Gold Motown" AND had "Paul Gambaccini 30/9/78" written in biro on both sides, so the Peel show is the 3rd occupant of the tape!

So, given that mix of variables over 400 tapes, I don't think we can really expect anyone to oversee mastering of them all. I'm sure those who have volunteered to rip will do their best!