[peel] Re: Tape 1

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue Aug 12 21:58:58 CEST 2008

> <<buy the way if the removal of the dire straits tracks helps i'm all for
> it..>>

I think we have to take the rough with the smooth! It did strike me that our
taper did seem to wait until the track finished before he started recording
again.

I actually quite liked that first LP - certainly the only one I remember
Peelie playing tracks from - in October 1978 I moved to Bristol and remember
seeing them play to a half empty Poly bar - cost 75p to get in. At that time they
kind of fitted in with the pub rock stuff Peel had been playing - quite down to
earth and unpretentious - didn't take them long to become an overblown
stadium band, though.

I thought the Pirates and Frankie Miller stuff sounded far more dated.

Cheers!

Rocker