[peel] Re: Tape 1

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Tue Aug 12 23:01:58 CEST 2008

At 21:27 12/08/2008, you wrote:

> >> thats the whole point isn't it???
>
>Yes, but it does get a bit comical if John starts sounding like Pinky or
>Perky.
>
>I too was surprised by the DS track, but I am a fan of their first album.
>Saw them, too, supporting Talking Heads; thought they were pretty good.
>
>Alan

Dire Straits were discovered on the same Radio London Charlie Gillette
show as Elvis Costello and Graham Parker.    Like many another they
did not start as m-o-r superstars and Peel was quite happy to play
tracks from the first album.    They quickly went mainstream after that
but like many other bands they went through Peel on the way there

martinw