Tape 1

saipanda saipanda@...
Tue Aug 12 21:23:03 CEST 2008

Rocker,

What I was thinking for this problem is we can easily keep the idea of numbering the
tapes, but with the date indexing that's there we can have more than one date per tape.

Eg,

Tape 1 is currently on the Wiki main 400 Box page with only a link for 7 July 1978  --
linking through to the date index for that date.

Let's imagine the show you are currently doing is 10 July 1978.

Therefore we add a date entry on under the Tape 1 entry for 10 July 1978.

Then for the Tape 2 entry,  we also put a date entry for 10 July 1978.  Then on the Tape 3
entry, say, we also have a date link for 10 July 1978.

On the individual date entry for 10 July we would have a combined tracklisting (wondering
if "playlist" a better word) for the show, with links for Tape 1, Tape 2, Tape 3, with
individual file names given (indicating the show is in four parts) and which file is on which
tape.

Eg.

peel_19780710-1.flac
peel_19780710-2.flac
peel_19780710-3.flac
peel_19780710-4.flac

Does this seem to work? If you put the files up, I'll try and give the indexing a quick go
tomorrow before I go to work to demonstrate (hopefully!)

Many thanks again, Rocker, for all your work on this. Can't wait to hear the next show!

Now, though, I really am going to bed.

Cheers,

Steve