[peel] Tape 1

Alan Ford alan@...
Tue Aug 12 20:24:28 CEST 2008

Has anyone else noticed that this show (7/7/78) seems to run a bit fast?
I slowed it down by 2.5% using Audacity, but noticed that after about 1 hour it seems to speed up again.
Presumably the tape is a C120, so maybe it speeds up after the tape flip.
>From 1:03.44 (the Dick G back-announce) to the end I've slowed it by a further 2.5%
I'm listening again now and it's still not perfect, but sounds much better to my cloth ears.

Presumably the original show was two hours.
The 10:25 timecheck comes after 14 mins, so there's 11 mins missing from the beginning of the show.
The final pips come at 1:44
1:44 + 11 = 1:55
Unless my logic/maths are flawed (surely not), there's still another 5 mins missing.
Surely it's not running that fast!?

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Walsh
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 9:27 AM
  Subject: [peel] Tape 1

  Many thanks to Rocker for our very first tape. Had no problems at all with the downloading or playing. Great stuff!

  For those with downloading restrictions or who prefer an alternative format for iPods, and to avoid possible overloading of Rocker's iSite, here's an mp3 version:

  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQWYB8SD

  Made it max bit rate (320?), so it's still a pretty big file.

  Also wanted to say thanks to Phil, Ken, Richard for comments the past couple of days on Wiki related matters.

  I don't disagree with you, but in the interest of getting something online quickly on the occasion of our first tape release, I knocked up a quick thing this morning (while listening to Rocker's tape) we could perhaps use in the meantime to keep a track of the digitizing process (and do basic tracklisting info stuff).

  http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/400_Box

  I didn't really have time to finish it up before I had to come to work, so it's only a rough outline version at the moment. Think you can probably get the hang of it, though.

  Wondered whether something like this would be useful so people can easily keep up to date on where we are once tapes start winging their way around the UK and all kinds of different stuff starts coming out.

  Thanks again to Rocker!

  Cheers,

  Steve