Tape 1

vinpinman vinpinman@...
Mon Aug 11 15:48:58 CEST 2008

This is great.

Thanks for all the work you're putting in at the Wiki. After setting
it up I confess the day job kind of took over. I'm really glad it's
progressing into the kind of resource I envisaged it to be.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Steve Walsh <saipanda@...> wrote:

> Many thanks to Rocker for our very first tape. Had no problems at
all with the downloading or playing. Great stuff!
> For those with downloading restrictions or who prefer an
alternative format for iPods, and to avoid possible overloading of
Rocker's iSite, here's an mp3 version:
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQWYB8SD
> Made it max bit rate (320?), so it's still a pretty big file.
> Also wanted to say thanks to Phil, Ken, Richard for comments the
past couple of days on Wiki related matters.
> I don't disagree with you, but in the interest of getting something
online quickly on the occasion of our first tape release, I knocked
up a quick thing this morning (while listening to Rocker's tape) we
could perhaps use in the meantime to keep a track of the digitizing
process (and do basic tracklisting info stuff).
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/400_Box
> I didn't really have time to finish it up before I had to come to
work, so it's only a rough outline version at the moment. Think you
can probably get the hang of it, though.
> Wondered whether something like this would be useful so people can
easily keep up to date on where we are once tapes start winging their
way around the UK and all kinds of different stuff starts coming out.

available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html