Wiki

saipanda saipanda@...
Sat Aug 9 18:06:13 CEST 2008

Hi Ken,

Thanks for taking time to check it out and reply.

Easy enough to include related links (internal or external) as part the comments section at
the top, which is intended for people to write introductions (short or long) on the shows.

I was thinking if no digital file exists but there is known audio, this can be made clear in
file section at the bottom, along the lines of this one):

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/15_January_1993

Thinking links for previous postings can be along the lines of the DVD Torrent set one at
the bottom of  the link in my last message. Easy enough just to say "Fades In Slowly" "Peel
Newsgroup" etc and add the link to the front page or wherever.

See your point about the sessions. There is a whole section for session details. I'll put a
pointer in there for people to include if any of the tracks have been commercially released.

On the file length, I was thinking this might be useful to indicate whether a full or partial
version is available. If both, we can just have a double file section. Thinking this might be
the case for the last night of Perfumed Garden, where there was the original shared file,
then the full five-hour remastered epic, preserving original Peel links with updated
releases of the music. (Anyone who wants to sort this out, please feel free.) Have seen
other similar "remastered" releases lately.

Anyway, following Ken's suggestions, here's the updated tracklistings template:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Show_tracklisting_template

One thing I wondered is whether people feel strongly about including the record label and
format (eg, single, LP, CD) and even full album names as part of listings for individual
songs, as on the BBC site and the Peel Playlist Archive. I don't have strong feelings about
this and think it might be more trouble than it's worth for people. Happy to go along with
the majority, however.

Thanks again, Ken. Best to get this stuff considered at an early stage rather than have
regrets later.

Happy to have discussions about all this business here or on the Perfumed Garden forum,
whichever seems good for people.

Cheers,

Steve W

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> seems ok to me steve. other data you might want to consider squeezing in might
include
> a field for Peel links, where of particular interest or amusement value; and whether
show
> exists in audio somewhere r has been posted somewhere; maybe if session tracks
> available commercially...
>
> track durations? (not essential unless noteworthy)
>
> ken
>
> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "saipanda" <saipanda@> wrote:
> >
> > Don't want to bore you all to death on the list, so please reply on the Perfumed
Garden