[peel] Perfumed Garden Forum

festive50@... festive50@...
Tue Aug 5 22:59:21 CEST 2008

Aha! Familiar ground.
I used to be a moderator on an identical site (but for local community
issues) using this phbBB format and at some point in the past, I nearly
suggested that we go over to this format. However, it coincided with a
general lull in postings, so didn't bother.
However with the recent flurry of activity, I think it maybe worthwhile to
seriously consider going over to this format.
Pros:
1) Can have seperate threads within main topic headings
2) Can configure seperate threads to send notifications of posts to
specific threads.
3) Can send private messages (equivalent to e-mailing off-group).
4) Can select appropriate text from posts for quoting, instead of
including whole post.
5) Can standardise on formatting of text (ie. not dependant on users
various e-mail clents), including URL links.
6) Can include photos and sound files within posts.
Cons:
1) Can be abused by flamers. This I believe can be eliminated by
configuring to only approved members posting.

Below is a link to a sub section I posted to
http://middx.net/hillingdon/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2429

If you then click on board index, you'll be able to see main Section Index.

I beleive it has great potential and possibly move this group further along.
This is not to bellittle Stuart McHugh's splendid work in setting this
group up.
What does everyone else think?
Phil