Missing In Action: The Lost Peel?

saipanda saipanda@...
Fri Aug 1 18:41:07 CEST 2008

I'm with Steve (Teenage Kicks) on this one. I was thinking it might be another thing the list
as a whole might want to tackle after we see how the "400 Box" goes. Maybe the ins and
outs of that one are occupying everyone's attention at the moment.

As an alternative, or maybe in the interim, depending on how Colin feels about it about an
international thing, maybe me and Steve (Teenage Kicks) could take this on (or at least get
started on it), as some kind of "East Is Peel" project -- South Korea and Japan come
together in the most important bilateral effort since World Cup 2002!

I'm not really set up with decent level tape conversion technology right now, but suspect
this might not be too difficult to sort out here in Tokyo.

Or we could split the job in other ways, in terms of finance for postage (would definitely
have to be registered), or Steve TK doing the conversions while I sort out full tracklistings,
etc, on Excel to build on what Colin already has -- and for whatever group/online
database eventually emerges.

Only an idea. Would be great to have two big group projects on the go at the same time.
Seems like a big shame to leave Colin's mighty collection in his attic.

Speaking personally, would like to make a decent hands-on contribution to making more
old shows available, but feel a bit isolated geographically on the 400 Box thing. But might
be relatively simple to coordinate this on an "East is Peel" basis, while taking on board
lessons from the 400 Box party.

Colin? Steve TK? Anyone else?

Cheers,

Steve W