Forgotten Fifty: The Festive Fifty (actually 61) of 1977

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sat Sep 29 11:36:16 CEST 2007

> The biggest surprise for me on seeing the full chart was the non-
> appearance of Be-Bop Deluxe. I remember Peel giving Live In The Air
> Age some serious needle time from mid-1977.

Funnily enough Tom Morton (Radio Scotland daytime DJ) made a comment
about how while Peel played plenty of Be Bop Deluxe in the 70s he'd
have been unlikely to have given it airtime after punk. I mailed the
show to say that I was pretty sure that Bill Nelson had been a guest
on the show... well, sometime this millennium. I do remember him
chatting with John on the show sometime after 1977 (!)  but don't
think it was a session (he did several solo ones as readers of Ken's
books will know) - maybe it was his birthday or something. Anyone
recall this?

Stuart McHugh
stuart@...