Anyone going along to Ken's talk at Waterstones, Glasgow, as part of Peel Day?

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sat Oct 6 17:21:01 CEST 2007

re: Echo and the Bunnymen: as samuel johnson said when asked why he
had misdefined the unit of measurement of a horse's height in his
dictionary, "ignorance, madam, pure ignorance". You're right. Echo
and The Bunnymen with a 14 year gap should indeed be in my biggest
gaps list. Clean forgot 'em. Rocker already suggested the Magic Band,
but the lineup from the Beefheart sessions in 68 to the magic band
live at MV in 02 was completely different save for John French. So he
perhaps as an individual should top the revised list in the 2nd
edition, with an amazing 34 year gap between Peel appearances

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> Got my copy on Thursday - fantastic stuff Ken!
>
> > don't fret about any mistakes too much. I guess it's
> > inevitable with such a large research task
>
> Too right - but if we're playing the spot the mistakes game...Echo
& The Bunnymen not listed in the top 10 of longest intervals. A
mistake or deliberate because the 1997 session was a live set?