Tony Blackburn is still fighting John Peel

colin bray colinbray@...
Sat Oct 6 15:26:32 CEST 2007

Hi everybody.

Here is a link to an article in the Telegraph today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/10/06/do0609.xml

All good fun. Personally, I remember John admitting that when he compared what he was playing in the ealy 70s to what Tony Blackburn was playing it was obvious whose music had lasted the better.

The thing that stands out for me in Tony Blackburn's account of the 60s conversations that seem to form the basis of his grudge against Peel is his utter misunderstanding of irony. That seems to be the basic difference between them.