Anyone going along to Ken's talk at Waterstones, Glasgow, as part of Peel Day?

Neil Saddington neilsaddington@...
Sat Oct 6 14:31:24 CEST 2007

I look forward to seeing and hearing you talk on Thurs Ken, don't
fret about any mistakes too much. I guess it's inevitable with such a
large research task, as the one you embarked upon, that there's going
to be a few wee errors here and there. I'm sure the reviews in the
Sunday papers will be deservedly favourable.

All the best,

Neil--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> Thanks for those kind words, Neil. All I can see are the mistakes
at
> the moment (there are a few, but nothing absolutely catastrophic -
> yet! Although collectively we did mess up one of the picture
> captions, oops) but I still feel ok about it.
>
> It would be great to see some of you at Waterstone's Sauchiehall
> Street on Thursday, 6.30pm start, but please don't get too excited
> about the "guests". It's very informal, and likely to be two or
three
> Glasgow band people only, who I might ask to contribute from the
> floor. I'll be showing some pics from the book and some others that
> did not make the cut for various technical reasons, and playing
some
> session tracks, including one or two that are not generally
> available. But mainly it's me talking, and if you've read the book
> already by then there won't be much you don't know in my spiel, I'm
> afraid. If you want your copy of the book to decline in value
> dramatically I'll deface it with my illegible signature...
>
> Nice feedback so far from some of my contributors: lovely postcard
> from Helen Walters, nice messages from Louise and Hanna at Radio 1,
> long phone call from Bernie Andrews last night saying "you've
> made an old man very happy" (I didn't know what to say), tear-
stained
> email from Chris Lycett at work today. Plus 5 stars in Metro and 4
in
> Q and even a blob plug "one 2 read for the weekend" in today's
> Scottish Sun! (coincidentally written by one of my journalism
> graduates, fancy that). Now I am nervously awaiting the posh
papers'
> reviews tomorrow and Sunday.
>
> I'm in London all day Wednesday (up at 5.30am for the early flight,
> not back till midnight) doing loads of pre-recorded interviews (to
go
> out the next day, Peel Day) for BBC local/regional stations, BBC
> Ulster, Nemone on 6 Music, and a Guardian Music podcast,
apparently.