Peel Sessions Book

Neil Saddington neilsaddington@...
Fri Oct 5 14:17:34 CEST 2007

This is my first post as i just found out about this group through
Ken Garner's excellent new book about the Peel Sessions.
Last week was my birthday and i was very fortunate, in that one of my
friends who is a journalist, gave me a copy of Ken's book which had
been sent into the paper for review.

I had read and loved to bits Ken's earlier work 'In Session Tonight'
but, i did not realise he had decided to write a more up to date book
on all the many thousands of Peel Sessions.

So i was thoroughly delighted and surprised when my good friend gave
me this wonderful book as a gift.

Congratulations to Ken, once again, for putting together a massive
labour of love, which will be so well recieved by all the legions of
John's fans. The book as a whole is excellent, but i have to say i
found the first chapter which begins at John Peel's death and funeral
particularly moving and this part did bring a tear to my eye.

I also like the way both Ken's admiration and respect for the great
man comes across as well as his awareness of what John Peel meant to
so many.

You should be proud of your book, Ken. And i hope eveyone else enjoys
it.

Best wishes,

Neil Saddington.