FLAC it is then!

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Thu Nov 29 12:58:44 CET 2007

Yes, the point about the source is crucial. I think I read
somewhere that radio FM was/is broadcast at a frequency range
equivalent to about 128kbps (or was it 192); obviously therefore,
encoding at rates higher than this is simply a waste of space ....
Also, I heard recently that the soon-to-be-compulsory digital
broadcasts are of a lower audio quality than existing FM - anyone
for anti-progress / devolution ?

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>